Saturday, June 13, 2009

New Song: Angry As Me

I know I know, it's only been a month and a half but finally there's a new tune to shake your booties to. It's called Angry As Me and for me, it's a welcome departure from the singer/songwriter stuff I usually do. I'm getting back to some rock! Now for the usual schpeal; not the best mix but I'd like to think that I am improving a little with each new song. I'll tell you one thing, doing everything by yourself sucks the right ball but someone's gotta do it. So, please have a listen, leave a comment if you wish, I'd love to know what everyone thinks. Thanks! Dave

ANGRY AS ME

We both know
that through suffering we grow
don’t forget about
all the bullets, fights, and chains
but remember how
how their words ignite a flame in you

We both know
We have different ways to grow
and remembering
how you burned yourself a photo in effigy
how your good at burning bridges too

You stood for a dramatic pause
Then made a sacrifice to further your own cause
You have all of that but you will never be as angry as me

We both know
how you go against the flow
of what daddy said
how you drones in social circles are bottle fed
how the bottle gets the best of you

And we both know
how we push ourselves and think
we can turn it around
but through all that mess we might have found
that we can turn it into something new

And when I get political
You get excited 'cause the politics excite you
You are all of that but you will never be as angry as me

It was no occurrence to me that I'd be sick of complaining
'Cause intellectually I don't understand your conveyance
So come on over and whisper to me what you're saying, oh but that's ok
'Cause I'm sure I'll see you somewhere at the protest rally tonight

'Cause when I get philosophical
We get divided because philosophy divides us
We are all of that but you will never be as angry as me
You will never be as angry as me
You will never be as angry hey!
You will never be as angry hey!
©2009 Fish Egg Music

No comments:

Post a Comment