Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Song: Days Of Autumn


A new season is amongst us and so is a new song! Yeehaw!!! Please forgive the ruckus, I haven't recorded a new tune in some time so I'm a bit elated. With the cooler evening temperatures and overcast days, last weekend's weather put me in a mood to write, something I find I do less and less of these days. I started noodling around with Days Of Autumn a couple of weeks ago but really got into it over the weekend between finishing construction on a platform bed and unpacking at la nueva casa. I'm also playing caretaker for a 13 year old golden retriever whose age is really starting to catch up with her, there's some heartache coming, I just know it.

I also proudly received my first rock n' roll related injury this weekend. A mother of a blister on my finger from playing bass, and it smarted like a mofo. That's right, you guys know someone who is that hardcore. Ozzy, The Who, and me.

So have a listen and please leave a comment, good or bad, it will make me a better person, and you want me to be a better person now don't you? Good.


DAYS OF AUTUMN

I suppose that this is how it’s meant to be, the turning of the leaves
We just throw ourselves in piles on the ground, a gift beneath the trees
The last sun will set for summers all around, the memories we’ll keep
Then we'll turn the dials on the radio and sing ourselves to sleep

Will I be long forgotten?
Through the days of autumn
and where will you be?

The morning brings the time we hate the most, as we pack up all our clothes
And the frigid air that rolls in from the coast brings a chill that numbs the nose
A final walk down paths reveals the sea, and our coats are buttoned tight
To find ourselves in cities far apart we will travel through the night

Will I be long forgotten?
Through the days of autumn
Where will you be?

Will I be long forgotten?
Through the days of autumn
and where will you be?
and where will you be?
and where will you be?
and where will you be?

©2010 Fish Egg Music

No comments:

Post a Comment