Sunday, September 5, 2010

Under Covers: "Say Yes" by Elliott Smith



SAY YES by Elliott Smith

Hey look at this! A second song for the Under Covers project which has only been going on for a little over a year now. I know, I know, slow down Dave, you're gonna burn yourself out. I get it, assholes.

It's been a busy Labor Day weekend for me. I built a bed, yes a bed. I imagined it, I designed it, I drew it up and then I built it, and it actually looks good. I only lost my temper and put drunken sailors to shame four or five times but I did it and I must say, I'm pretty proud, bloody knuckles and all. Pics are up on the Facebook page if anyone wants to stare slack jawed and/or hyena laugh.

I also changed up the Blog a bit with a new title and layout. Gone are the days of "Words-Music-Pictures-Life", which always sounded a bit pretentious, and I now bring you "Bears Do It, Fish Do It...". You're gonna have to figure that one out, I can't do everything for you. Hopefully I'll be posting regularly for my, hmm let's see, eleven followers. New goal, twelve followers.

I don't have a whole lot to say about Elliott Smith's "Say Yes" only that it's one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists. There's really nothing special in my version of it, just me and the acoustic, recorded on an old M-Audio Microtrack. I didn't tune my guitar down like Smith did (I'm too lazy) so for those of you in the know, it'll be in another key. Also, by not tuning down, certain parts of the song are a bit out of my vocal range which you'll be able to hear. Until next time minions.

No comments:

Post a Comment