Friday, September 3, 2010

Old Song, New Post, Blah Blah

It's been a while since I've posted a new song. I am writing though, just haven't been recording lately. This working out of town business is seriously cramping my style. Thankfully it'll soon be over and I'll be back in my own place where I can be as loud and obnoxious as I want to. Fuck YEAHHHHHH!

So you're wondering what I've been listening too lately huh? Sure you have, admit it. Fall is upon us and that means Halloween is creeping up too (pun bitches). So if you're hankering for some music that will get you into a Halloweenie type mood then pick up Dead Man's Bones by Dead Man's Bones. The album came out last fall but I'm just getting around to discovering it (so sue me, who the hell are you?) For me, Pa Pa Power and My Body's a Zombie For You are the standouts but the whole album is worth a few listens. Bonus tidbit? Half of Dead Man's Bones is Academy Award-nominated actor Ryan Gosling. Who would've thunk it?

Anyhoo, I'm trying out a new file server so I'm just going to post an old song with lyrics from back in the Memphis days. Your Only Ghost has been up on another music site I have but I've never posted it to Blogger so here goes and hopefully I'll get some new stuff up soon.

YOUR ONLY GHOST

I've got this feeling or this hunger only you'll never know
From broken pieces of the silhouette of your only ghost
Sixteen long hours on this aeroplane with nothing to lose
Remembering all the silly things that we used to do
Like making patterns of paper plates that no one would see
Of families larger than anything we were hoping to be
All strung together with the notion that nobody would leave
Then holding hands with the fantasy of what we wouldn't be
Then making funny impressions of people we'd never meet
All while cooking conspiracies of the greatest of cheats
Then pouring water over body parts with cascading ease
Then watching each other fall apart in the deepest of sleeps
I've got this feeling or this hunger only you'll never know
From broken pieces of the silhouette of your only ghost

©2004 Fish Egg Music

2 comments:

  1. I like it let me know when you finish it.. From the Head Fish Egg

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been six years, it's about as finished as it's going to get man.

    ReplyDelete